Sunday, April 20, 2014

Technique Video: Painter's Tape Technique

Hello friends! Happy Sunday! Happy Easter! Happy Passover! Happy All The Days! :)

It's a bright and sunny day here on Cape Cod and it's a welcome change from the 3 or 4 days of below-freezing temps we've just had. I'm wearing my favorite shades of mint and I got to go shopping for baby hat yarn yesterday and I'm happy!

And you know what else makes me happy? Fun new inky techniques! So I'm here today to share one with you. This one's called the Painter's Tape Technique. It gives a beautiful bold result that's great for card backgrounds. And it's just the right amount of messy! LOL :)


Here's the card I created to showcase this technique. I wanted to use the Hello, Sailor stamp set, so I was going for a nautical look. What says nautical better than bold stripes in red and blue?

(P.S. I used the Sale-a-Bration punch for the little banners, but you could just as easily cut them by hand. And the button is retired - sorry! Swap it out for the Basic Metal Buttons in the Occasions Catalog for a similar look.)

You can check out the video below, or over on my YouTube channel. I hope you have fun with this technique!


Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment