Sunday, April 28, 2013

Start-to-Finish Suday #25 - DIY Stamped Background

Happy Sunday, friend! For this week's card I decided to showcase a favorite technique: Creating your own background pattern with non-background stamps. I've also seen a lot of this technique around and about lately. I decided to use the fun pennant/bunting stamp from the Designer Typeset photopolymer stamp set. Triangles are really on-trend, and this stamp creates a great geometric pattern when stamped repeatedly like this.


The video shows how I did the layering on this card. In hindsight, I could have stamped the chevrons and greeting on a Summer Starfruit oval and adhered that to the stamped panel, rather than cutting out a window and putting the Summer Starfruit piece underneath. Oh well. You can check out the video below, or over on my YouTube channel.


Have a great week! Happy Stampin'! :)




Stamped Background Card Supplies


2 comments:

  1. Love your cards! Can you tell me why you use the StazOn black ink instead of the regular black ink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Stazon because I know I will always get a crisp, smooth, dark black image when I use it. It never fails!

    ReplyDelete