Tuesday, December 6, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments Day 11 - Paper Snowglobes

Welcome to Day 11... Only one more after today! This has been a lot of work, but a lot of fun. I hope you've enjoyed playing along with me! :)

Today I decided to show you one ornament idea done two ways. It's kind of your standard "shaker" element, turned into a snowglobe style ornament. For the first technique, I use a new Stampin' Up product from the Holiday Mini. They're called Shaker Frames, and they're foam adhesive pre-cut into circles. Very convenient. My biggest complaint, though: The largest frame isn't even 2 inches in diameter. I guess they're designed to go on card fronts, but in my opinion, the size is very limiting as to what projects you can make with them.

 The second technique uses plain ol' dimensional foam adhesive that you've probably got in your stash already. It's really quick and simple to do, once you get the hang of how to do it properly.

Check out the video below, and come on back tomorrow for Day 12!



Supply List:
- Stampin' Up Shaker Frames
- Papertrey Ink Tremendous Treats: Christmas stamp set
- watercolor paper
- various Stampin' Up dye inks
- water brush
- glitter
- transparency sheet
- Nestabilities circle dies
- A Muse Studio Snowglobe die
- patterned paper from Echo Park's Holly Jolly Christmas and Season's Greetings


No comments:

Post a Comment