Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 10 and Holiday Handmade Gift Exchange

Hey everybody! We're doing something a little different today - this isn't an ornament for your tree, but for your holiday entertaining!

A few years ago I saw these little knit mittens and Crate and Barrel. The idea was that you'd put your flatware in them, and then put it on top of your place setting at your holiday dinner. They were so cute and, to this day, I wish I'd bought one - just to have as an example to copy, of course! ;-)

So, for reference, here's the original inspiration...
And here's my take on it...
(Is it just me, or is my version cuter? lol!)

And - this is actually the project I made for the Holiday Handmade Gift Exchange over at Craftaholics Anonymous. I made 6 of them... 2 each of Sage, Cherry, and Fern using two of the patterns from Stampin' Up's Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Fabric bundle. Love them! And I hope my partner, Nicole, will too! :)

Here's the video. See you tomorrow!



Supply List:
(all A Muse Studio products are available in my webstore

- A Muse Studio felt in Cherry, Sage, Vanilla, and Fern
- A Muse Studio Large Mitten Die
- Stampin' Up Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Fabric
- Glübers
- Nestabilities circle dies
- embroidery floss
- buttons
- needle
- fabric glue



No comments:

Post a Comment