Thursday, December 22, 2011

Another Neighbor/Hostess Gift Idea

There's a reason a bottle of wine is the quintessential neighbor/hostess gift: It's something just about everyone likes, and it's sure to be used and enjoyed. But if you've got a party you're planning on bringing a bottle of wine to, why not dress it up and personalize it for your friend?

I adore Papertrey Ink's Wine Bottle Tag die - tags are quick and easy to make, and there's less space on them that you have to worry about filling properly. But for this project I wanted to do something a little extra special. Check it out...


I used 2 tag die cuts to create a little pocket. I wrapped up enough spice blend to mull one bottle of wine, and I tucked it into the pocket.


I used PTI's Candy Cane Christmas stamps and dies to embellish the front of the tag with a mug of mulled wine and a cinnamon stick. The sentiment is from Christmas Poinsettia, and the flourishes are from Holiday Photo Finishers.


The pocket portion is actually quite easy to create. I just used small pieces of accordion-fold cardstock and dimensional adhesive. The mulling spices are wrapped in a small cello bag, held closed with a label that I printed with the mulling instructions.

Thanks for stopping by! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment