Saturday, May 31, 2014

Baby Shower Gift Set

This afternoon I attended the baby shower of a dear friend from college who is expecting twin boys!! Even though she lives over an hour away and we really only see each other once a year, she's really the first of my close friends to start a family. I'm super excited and I've been working on her presents for a few weeks now.

She told me she was pregnant by telling me to get my knitting needles ready, so I knew I had to knit something! :) I was going to knit a pair of baby blankets, but at the time I was trying to decide what to make, that just seemed a little too overwhelming because I was working on a million other projects. So, hats it was! (I used the Easy and Basic Baby Hat pattern on Ravelry.) I already had this super cute variegated yarn in orange, aqua, brown, and white. So cute, so boy, and so different from most baby yarns! And then I remembered that I happened to have flannel in the same colors already cut and ready for a quilt I meant to make like three years ago! Perfect!




Since I suddenly had such a cute little coordinating set, I decided to roll with it. I pulled out a bunch of inks - Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, and Chocolate Chip - and a couple stamp sets and went to town! :) Here's what I came up with...



Card Details...
Stamps: Simply Stars (Stampin' Up! - retired), Cuddles and Kisses (Stampin' Up! - retiring, but still available and on sale!), Just Sayin' (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: White Baker's Twine (Stampin' Up!)
Cardstock: Whisper White and Tangerine Tango (Stampin' Up!)
Inks: Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip (all Stampin' Up!)




Tag details...
Stamps: Simply Stars (Stampin' Up! - retired), Handle with Care and Purls of Wisdom (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Angled Tag Topper Punch (Stampin' Up!), Pool Party Baker's Twine (Stampin' Up! - retired)
Cardstock: Whisper White and Tangerine Tango (Stampin' Up!)
Inks: Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip (all Stampin' Up!)

Pretty cute, if I may say so myself! Unfortunately, I couldn't find wrapping paper that matched. But I did find some that has big polka dots like the one fabric in the quilts, and it has orange and aqua in it - along with a bunch of other colors, but oh well... I'm going to use orange and aqua ribbon. :)

Thanks for stopping by today. I really hope you enjoyed this project - even though it's a little different from what I usually share. Yup, I knit, and sometimes I sew... I've always got some sort of projects going on! :)

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment