Monday, May 12, 2014

Occasions Catalog Favorite: Hello, Sailor

The Occasions Catalog run is winding down: Many products from this catalog will only be available until June 1, 2014! Yes, some of them will be carried over into the new 2014-2015 Annual Catalog, debuting on June 2nd, but that is not the case with everything. So if there's something you think you can't live without, make sure you get your order in by June 1st!

I've got some cards on deck to share with you guys, so my plan is to post them over the next few days, showcasing some of my faves from the Occasions Catalog, whether they will be carried over or not. Sound good? Let's get started! :)


One of my most favorite stamp sets in the Occasions Catalog is called Hello, Sailor. It's so cute! It has awesome nautical images and sentiments. This little whale is so cute!

I also used the High Tide DSP, which coordinates perfectly with the stamp set. It has some really unique and beachy colors and motifs, but I chose to go with a more traditional palette of red, white, and blue, with some weathered gray. Specifically, I used Pacific Point, Real Red, and Smoky Slate. On the card base I used a Stampin' Sponge to ink around the edges to echo the distressed feel of the DSP.


To create the two-tone look on the adorable whale, I inked him up with Smoky Slate ink, then took a sponge dauber and sponged around his edges with Pacific Point ink. You may be familiar with this look from a technique called "rock and roll" where you roll the edges of the stamp in the second ink color. I tried that technique, but found that the blue was going further into the middle of the image than I wanted to. Using a sponge dauber solved that problem easily! (P.S. The sponge daubers are currently sold out, because they were on the Retiring List. But head's up - They're not actually retiring! They're just being reconfigured and will be back in the Annual Catalog in June.)

Oh, and the sentiment is from A Dozen Thoughts - it's definitely my favorite sentiment set right now.

So... I guess that's it for now. See you again soon - have a great week!

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment