Saturday, May 10, 2014

Seaglass Inspired Mini Card Set

A while ago I was prepping for a class and I knew I wanted to do something a little different. I wanted to share the clear block stamping technique, and I thought it might be fun to do a little heat embossing too. Clear block stamping creates a great watercolor background, and I originally tried to pair it with some flower stamps. But I've been so into the sorbet-tones of the 2013-2015 In Colors lately... and so ready for summer to hurry up and get here! ...so I was inspired to go for a more beachy theme than I had originally planned. :)


I decided it would be fun to showcase this technique with a little set of 3x3 cards. I stamped the shell images from By the Seashore in Versamark and embossed them with silver embossing powder. (So technically this card is also sort of an emboss resist technique! Bonus!) Then I used markers in different tones of the same color to create the ombre look using the clear block stamping technique. (See above for link to technique video!) 


For the pink card, I used Blushing Bride, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Calypso Coral markers and a card base in Crisp Cantaloupe.


For the aqua card, I used Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, and Coastal Cabana markers. I wanted the card base to be Coastal Cabana cardstock, but I had run out (*gasp*) so I used Pool Party.


And then, a sandy-colored card to match the sand dollar. I used Smoky Slate, Sahara Sand, and Crumb Cake markers, and the card base is Crumb Cake.

Now, a set of adorable 3x3 cards is lovely, but even better...? A sweet little coordinating box to put them in - and gift them in!


Isn't it adorable? I used a piece of DSP from the Fresh Prints DSP Stack for the top. The belly band is Crumb Cake, stamped all over with the sand dollar stamp and punched at each end with the Scallop Tag Topper punch. I love how that looks! :)


The twine is leftover from Sale-a-Bration, but guess what! This gorgeous thick baker's twine will be reappearing in the upcoming 2014-2015 Catalog in all the 2013-2015 In Colors!!! :) I can't wait!


I used a sentiment from Six-Sided Sampler, embossed in silver. I also stamped the sand dollar image in Coastal Cabana, and punched the whole thing out with the Ticket Duo Punch. So cute!


I do have a tutorial for this 3x3 mini pizza box over on my YouTube channel. Check out the video, or if you prefer pictures, here's the template.


And here's how to make the belly band:
- Cut cardstock to 2" x 8-7/8"
- Score at 1-5/8", 2-3/4", 6-1/8", 7-1/4"
- Punch both ends with Tag Topper Punch after scoring.

Hope you enjoyed this project! If you want to give it a try, let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment