Sunday, May 18, 2014

Start-to-Finish Sunday #38: Project Life by Stampin' Up!

I know it's taken me a few weeks, but I promised you a video on how I do my Project Life layouts. So today, here it is! :) It was a little different for me... I think I was a little self-conscious of what I was doing since I was filming the whole time, plus this was the first layout I did with the Stampin' Up! Project Life supplies. They're very similar to the supplies I've used in the past, but I'm just not familiar with them yet, and the page protector layouts are a little different from what I'm used to. So when you start the video, be aware that before I started filming, I'd already tried out my photos for the week in a few of the different page layouts, and I picked the one I thought worked best.

Another thing that tripped me up a little was the sheer number of cards I had to choose from! Now, I know, this is a totally amazing thing. But it was hard to choose! So bear with me as I'm flipping through multiple times. :) The Becky Higgins Project Life Core kits that I've been using for the past year have tons of cards, but they also have way more duplicates. It seems that the Stampin' Up! kit only has two duplicates (if any) - a horizontal and a vertical orientation of the design.

So anyway, that's enough blah blah blah! Here's the finished layout that I make in the video.


I really wanted to keep it very simple - minimal embellishment, minimal stamping - to show you just how amazing your layouts can look with pretty much only the adorable cards and your awesome photos. (Note: ALL the photos on this layout were taken with my iPhone 5, and not always under stellar conditions. Check out my blog post on cell phone photo resources for Project Life here: http://bit.ly/RNaKSa



You can watch the start-to-finish video below, or over on my YouTube channel. Enjoy, and feel free to leave a comment or email me if you have any questions!


Here are the products you'll see used in this video:

Everyday Adventure Project Life Card Collection #135298 $15.95

Everyday Adventure Project Life Accessory Pack #135301 $9.95

Variety Pack 12x12 Photo Pocket Pages #135294 $6.95

Project Life Journaling Pens (set of 2) #135304 $4.95

Remember This & That Rotary Stamp #130133 $5.95

And just as a little bonus for those of you who scrolled all the way down to the bottom of this post (lol!), here is the next week's layout, which is on the back of the video layout.


Happy Scrapbookin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment