Sunday, May 11, 2014

Don't be so negative!


One of the easiest ways to change up how you use your Framelits and other dies is to use the negative of the die, rather than the little piece that's cut out (the piece you're "supposed" to use). That was what I wanted to do with this card, and I wanted to keep it nice and simple to really show off the technique.

I used the Word Bubbles Framelits to cut the tall and skinny bubble out of my square Coastal Cabana cardstock panel. Then I embossed the panel with the Honeycomb embossing folder. So then I basically had an embossed square piece of cardstock with a hole in it :) I put snail adhesive all around the edges of the opening on the back of the panel, and adhered a piece of the Kaleidoscope DSP behind the opening. It's simple and very striking. 


The sentiment is from the stamp set that coordinates with the Word Bubbles Framelits. It's called Just Sayin'. FYI both of these items will be carried over from the Occasions Catalog into the new Annual Catalog coming out in June! :) I stamped the tiny heart from the set randomly across the background, to soften the card a little, and punched out a heart from Crushed Curry cardstock to add to the sentiment. Easy as pie!

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment