Thursday, May 15, 2014

Occasions Catalog Favorite: Vivid Vases

In every catalog, Stampin' Up! offers a small selection of single stamps. They're usually only available in wood mount, and feature an image and a greeting. Vivid Vases is one such single stamp from the Occasions Catalog, and it happens to be one that I totally adore. Now, I will be upfront with you and say that this stamp will carry over into the 2014-2015 Annual Catalog, so there's really no rush on this one. But at only $11.95 for a beautiful and generously sized stamp, it's a great addition to your order... Maybe you just need a few dollars to bump your order to the next level of Hostess Benefits? ;)


I decided to keep this card extremely simple, because I wanted the coloring to really take center stage. This set is so awesome for whatever your favorite coloring technique may be... in this case I chose to color it using inks and a blender pen. I used Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Crushed Curry, and Gumball Green inks. And P.S. - Gumball Green is retiring but at this time the ink and cardstock are still available so get them while you can!


Try watercoloring the stamp, or paper piecing the vases with your favorite DSP! Quick and simple, and the results are oh-so-cheerful!

To finish off my card, I used a layer of Calypso Coral, and two little banners that I punched using the banner punch from Sale-a-Bration. Guess what! That awesome little punch will be returning in the 2014-2015 Annual Catalog! I can't wait! :)

You could easily take this same card design and "step it up" however you like... Add ribbon or twine. Or maybe a button or other embellishment. Add more layers of cardstock. Emboss the card base with an embossing folder. Or just keep it sweet and simple!

Happy Stampin'! :)

1 comment: