Tuesday, June 29, 2010

{Christmas} in June!

It's been wicked hot and humid here on Cape Cod. I feel like it came on pretty suddenly too - we had gorgeous, unseasonable warm weather early in the spring, then a cool and rainy start to June. And then summer hit. Add to the miserable weather outside the fact that I work in the kitchen of a pizzeria with no air conditioning... One large oven set to 325-350 degrees from 6am until at least 2pm, plus another 650 degree pizza oven! And the health department decided they didn't want us keeping our kitchen door open. So for 6-8 hours I'm stuck in an airless room with over 900 degrees of heat pumping into it. My energy is completely sapped - 100% gone! - within about 2 hours. So needless to say I haven't been getting much done at home after work! :) Today I really had the best of intentions to fold laundry and tidy up, but then the hubster decided to set up Netflix on our Wii and watch SNL.

Last night I decided to play with the other MFT Pure Innocence stamp that Kimberly sent me: "Merry Kissmas" :) I wouldn't normally be making Christmas cards in June, but I wanted to practice my Copics and my paper piecing. Plus, that's where the design world is focused right now anyway with CHA and pub calls for Halloween and Christmas coming up! I got the idea to use the blue and red patterns from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop collection - one of my favorites ever! I'm really REALLY loving any variation on red, white, and blue right now... especially red and turquoise! I'm pretty psyched with how this card came out!


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Fourth of July weekend if you're in the good ol' USA! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment