Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Very Jackie O.

I've been putting my paper crafting on hold recently, favoring instead playing with fabrics! Here's what started it all...

I found this gorgeous vintage enamel brooch on etsy...
... and my very first thought was 'Hmm... I bet I could do that with die cut felt." So that's what I did!
I found some absolutely yummy 100% wool felt from an awesome etsy seller Felt on the Fly. She was so great to work with! I used a Sizzix 3-in-1 daisy die to cut out the flowers. I used a Dritz covered button kit - my new favorite thing ever in the universe! - to cover 7/8" buttons for the centers. Check it out!

The easiest way to cut the felt was to cut all three flowers at once, so I was able to make 6 pins with just 3 pieces of 8.5x11 felt. But the buttons were really hard to cover with the thick felt, so I ended up using Pink Paislee's 365 Degrees collection Bella Brads in the center of 2 of the pins:

Aren't they cute? And so super simple! Gotta love that!

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment