Thursday, June 3, 2010

three cheers for the red white and blue

I said it before and I'll say it again: I LOVE red, white, and blue! I also love variations on the combo... turquoise, coral, aqua, ivory, maroon, navy...

I snatched up this awesome dress - from LL Bean of all places (find it here in three adorable colors) - for my friend's wedding coming up later this month. Coral, white, navy. So chic!
The only shoes I have that would go with it are silver, which I knew would be fine, but I thought might look a little bit random. And what better way to tie silver into an outfit than with jewelry? :) So I found a cute starfish charm, dug through my huge stash of beads I haven't touched since 1999 (lol) and came up with this:
I was so psyched with how it came out, and I've been considering creating a second etsy store to sell home decor items, jewelry, and girls' hair accessories, so I decided to go for it! Here's my first item... (and please check out Little Olive Designs - named for my cat!)
This one is *actually* red, white, and blue - with that gorgeous clear aqua thrown in for good measure! :) I am LOVING the nautical look this year - it seems to come back every spring/summer so it's definitely a no-fail option. And what could be cuter - and more effortless! - than this adorable necklace with great cropped jeans, a white tee, and a navy cardigan?! I'm partial to this one from J Crew ...

*wink wink* ;)

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment