Friday, June 25, 2010

one of My {new} Favorite Things

I have to toot my own horn for a little bit :)

Yesterday evening I finally cleaned off my desk and started playing with paper again. I had 3 ideas that I was so exited about... But after completely ruining one (it's still a great idea though, I just have to think a little harder while working on it!), and having another one not quite work out, I decided to walk away for the night. Well, I stayed away for about 5 minutes, but despite the crafting gods not smiling on me, I had the itch and HAD to make something! So I started playing with one of the Pure Innocence stamps that Kimberly sent me :) I know I'm supposed to be practicing my Copic coloring, but I just had to try my hand at stamped paper piecing.

I took a lot of inspiration from the My Favorite Things design team gallery at Splitcoast Stampers. I'm completely new to MFT, and I've never tried anything in the style of the Pure Innocence images, so I really didn't have a clue where to start. My card isn't anywhere near as impressive as what the DT does, but I just have to say I am SO PROUD of this card! Every time I look at it, I almost can't believe it's something I made myself :) Do you ever have that feeling about a project you make? It's so satisfying, isn't it? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment