Thursday, June 17, 2010

more Father's Day

This afternoon I went into the Orleans Whole Food Store (OWFS) - where I have a small selection of cards for sale - to check out my display. It's right on the checkout counter and it looks awesome! I'm so psyched! :) I guess I didn't really pay enough attention to which cards I took in, because I couldn't tell if any had sold... except I knew for sure I did include two Father's Day cards, and they were both gone! Yay! So tonight I quickly whipped up four more to bring in tomorrow.

This first one is inspired by Kristina's most recent Make a Card Monday project, which you can check out here. I used Show & Tell, one of the new collections from We R Memory Keepers. It's actually a school-themed collection (which I just can't ever resist even though I have neither a teaching job nor school age kids... or kids of any age for that matter!), but the more basic patterns remind me of retro 70s ties, so I thought it would be great for Father's Day.

(I apologize for the poor quality of these photos. I usually photograph my cards outside, but I had to package these up right away to get them to the store tomorrow, but I still wanted to be able to share them.)

The other cards I made were based on this sketch from the March/April 2010 issue of Paper Crafts magazine:
I love it! And I had SO much fun using my Tiny Attacher for the first time ever... I might have gone a little overboard, but I LOVE the finished look!

(using Show & Tell again)

(using BasicGrey's Max & Whiskers collection)

(using Cosmo Cricket's Joyride collection)

So there you have it. Variations on a Father's Day theme :)

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: