Sunday, July 25, 2010

Are you sick of Christmas yet? :)

I'm still goin' strong with these clean and simple Christmas cards! I had fun yesterday and today watching Christmas in July on QVC (my guilty pleasure!) and crafting away. If you haven't figured out yet, I have a tendency to find something I really like and roll with it... variations on a theme if you will. You still get the satisfaction and emotional therapy of creating, but by taking the same basic design and just changing a couple little details, you don't have to put a ton of thought into your project. Plus, my desk is a mess and it's so much easier to just keep using what's in front of me than it is to clean up :)

This one was inspired by that candy cane stripe paper, which I got last year at Paper Source. Love it!

And here's the variation... more patterned paper, a little twine, and some Frosted Lace Stickles on the stocking. Easy peasy.

The next two cards are the first I've made with the pine green cardstock from the Gina K. assortment. It's got a nice texture to it that I like, and a good weight for layering and holding up as a card base. The color is a little on the peacock side for my preferences, but it's nice. I used a couple StampTV videos as inspiration for these: Adding a Button to a Bow, and the way Gina makes the focal embellishment for her Journal and Pen Set.

 I made both tree embellishments using the ivory cardstock and Antique Linen Distress Ink.


Making these cards has been an interesting experience for me. I don't actually do a lot of stamping in my cards, and I'm discovering I'm really not that good at it! :) Pretty much every card I've made I've had to remake at least one piece a couple times because of smudging or my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig slips or something like that! Creating a card with nothing but stamps, ink, solid-colored cardstock, and adhesive is actually a lot harder than it looks! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment