Thursday, July 22, 2010

we need a little Christmas

It hasn't snowed a single flurry but Santa, dear, we're in a hurry...

Do you know that song? It's from Mame, which is one of the very few musicals I have never seen any incarnation of and don't know a thing about. But that song has been stuck in my head off and on for weeks now! :)

I made two more cards using my Gina K. Designs purchases this afternoon, after sleeping until 10:30 and then lazing around in my nightie until 2pm! :)

This time I focused on the beautiful tree stamp and I used a color combination of red, ivory, and brown.

This card was inspired by my recent StampTV youtube marathon, this video in particular. The technique is nothing new, but it's not something I usually think to do. You can see the dimension a little bit better in this photo:
I used the ivory cardstock, which I'm thinking is probably the layering weight but is good and heavy and works great for a card base. It has the ideal smoothness-to-"tooth" ratio that I like for stamping. The color is a really nice ivory too. And the red is a nice heavy weight with a subtle stripe texture. Two thumbs up for both! I added a little bit of Frosted Lace Stickles over the trees and under the snow. The button in the bottom corner is a cork button from Pink Paislee's 365 Degrees collection. I had a hard time getting it to stick over the twine - thank goodness cork is flexible!

I think I was channeling Gina K.'s minimalism when I made this card... and also trying to make the very best use of a small inventory of cardstocks. The ivory background is embossed with Cuttlebug's swiss dot folder. I couldn't figure out where to put a sentiment, so I did something I never do - I put a sentiment on the inside! :)

Tomorrow's Friday and I have to work (boo) but then DH and I are going to see HANSON in concert! Yup, Hanson's still around, and they're even more awesome than ever! If you haven't heard it yet, you should really check out their newest album. You can start with this video. (I love the little kids! And doesn't Zac look like he's channeling Zac Efron trying out for Grease?)

Have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment